Creating and editing articles
Step 1 - Search for an existing article
Enter the subject title that you are looking for in the search field and click 'Search' Please check that there is no article about the same subject before your create an article. To prevent multiple articles being written on the same subject it is important to broaden your search and make sure that there is neither an article on the same subject under a slightly different name.
-> If there is no article on the same subject continue with step 2: Create a Wikipage
-> If there is an article on the same subject, which you wish to edit continue with step 4: Edit an existing Wikipage
Step 2 - Create a Wiki-page
Enter the exact page name (e.g. Modeling large scale geogenic contamination of groundwater) to the search field. If no exact page names are found, the following text will appear:
There were no results matching the query.
Create the page "Modeling large scale geogenic contamination of groundwater" on this wiki!
Click on the link of your page name to create the page. The page will be given the name used in the search field!
Step 3 – Edit your new Wikipage
You can now edit your Wikipage. Before you leave this page, don't forget to save your edits page by pressing the 'Save' button at the bottom of the page.
The editing process is the same as for new and already existing Wikipages. Please read Step 4 – Edit an existing Wikipage for information about how to add text, pictures, links, and how to preview and save the page.
Step 4 – Edit an existing Wikipage
- Start the editing process: Start the editing process by pressing the "Edit" tab on top of the article.
Please find the most important information about the language of wikipages here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing.
A list of editing functions is available here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting
- Preview your article: To preview the article with the changes you have made, click 'Show preview' at the bottom of the page. This does not yet save your page, it just shows you a preview!
- Add pictures: Upload your picture by clicking 'Upload file' in the toolbox at the left side of this page. Then use 'Browse' to locate the file on your computer. Use 'Upload file' to upload the picture. Add your picture to your article by using the following syntax: "
- Add links: To add a link to an external file, such as a movie, an animation, or an external web page, add the web address and the title as shown below: "link title"
For internal links, Use 2 brackets instead of one on either side of your text: " Text you want displayed".
- Add short description of changes: Before saving the page, add a short description of your changes in the 'Summary' box to make it easier for other editors to track changes.
- Safe your changes: Before you leave this page, don't forget to save your edits page by pressing the 'Save page' button.